Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2020

pepeha. 

If you need help please watch this short movie clip on preparing a pepeha.

                                                                                      Basic Pepeha Video

Ko Magaliesberg toku Maunga      (the mountain I associate with)

Ko Crocodile river toku awa            (the river I belong to, or river where I live)

Ko Indian ocean te moana           (the ocean near you)

Ko Ngati Afrikaner toku iwi              (the tribe I belong to, if NZ European,you may write
                                                                       Ko Ngati Pakeha toku iwi)

No South Africa ahau                   (I am from ___________)

Ko Johan toku papa             (_______ is my father)

Ko Theresa toku mama           ( _______ is my mother)

Ko Labuschagne toku ingoa whanau (________ is the name of my family)

Ko Jian ahau                    ( I am __________ )

…..No reira Tena Koutou, tena koutou, tena koutou katoa.  (Therefore greetings, greetings, greetings)

                       

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your pepeha Jian...can you embed the slide-deck into your blog? I can help if you get stuck. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete